Our program will always have conditioning assessments for all players who are trying out for volleyball. Coach has the option to add to or omit any of the conditioning assessments listed below. Here are the goals for each assessment to help promote each player in the overall evaluation and selection process.
- Hurdle Jumps: at least 60 jumps within 40 seconds over a 6-inch. hurdle.
- Beep Test: run back and forth 20-meters (65 feet) and make it through at least the 5th level of the "beep test."
- Sprint Test: run the length of the basketball court in at least in 4.7 seconds.
- 5/10/5 Agility Drill: sprint 5-yards, then reverse direction to sprint 10-yards, and then reverse direction again to sprint final 5-yards within 5.7 seconds.
- 10/20/10 Agility Drill: sprint 10-yards, then reverse direction to sprint 20-yards, and then reverse direction again to sprint final 10-yards within 11.0 seconds.
- Jump Rope (single jumps): complete at least 100 single jumps within 1 minute.
- Medicine Ball Toss: do not need a minimum score.
- Vertical Jump: do not need a minimum score.
- Broad Jump: do not need a minimum score.
Coach's Choice Optional Assessments:
- 1-mile Run: run 1-mile under 10.00 minutes
- 120-yard shuttles: run 10 yards and back, then to 20 yards and back, and then to 30 yards and back under 29.25 seconds
- 50-yard sprints: run 50 yards under 7.9 seconds
- 30-yard sprints: run 30 yards under 5.2 seconds
- 20-yard sprints: run 20 yards under 3.5 seconds
- 10-yard sprints: run 10 yards under 2.1 seconds